As many regular readers of this blog will recall, The McShane Firm has been involved with litigating a case involving a man who so far has served over 35 years and 3 months as a result of a fire that was ruled an arson-murder. Modern fire science has determined that all of the investigators’ reasons for declaring this fire an arson are not supported by science.
Yesterday (May 21, 2014) was a great day. It was our official on-line kick-off event for this case that coincided with the ABC27 in depth coverage. You can watch Part 1 of the Burning Bed on ABC News below:
Please be sure to watch ABC27 tonight for Part 2!
Prior blog posts on this blog:
- The Burning Bed- Has an Innocent Man Been Locked up for 35 Years for an Arson that Never Happened?
- An Update: The Burning Bed- Has an Innocent Man Been Locked up for 35 Years for an Arson that Never Happened?
- Is a Judge Frustrating Justice? A second update to the Burning Bed case: Has an Innocent Man Been Locked up for 35 Years for an Arson that Never Happened?
How I Can Help Now
You can help in four main ways:
1. Positive thoughts and prayers.
2. Sharing this website on social media with the hashtag #FreeHugney and the group phrase of “What would it be like to be locked up for 35 years for a crime that you never did? www.FreeHugney.com #FreeHugney”
3. Liking the #FreeHugney Facebook Fan Page.
4. Consider donating money through http://www.gofundme.com/FreeHugney for his expert costs. His lawyers do not get any of the money. The lawyers are working for free.
- 5% of the donation goes to GoFundMe for administering and publicizing the cause
- Each donation has a 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction fee.
- So in total fees, there is 7.9% + $0.30 per transaction.
- Call 1-866-MCSHANE or 717-657-3900 and tell anyone who answers the phone that you would like to make a donation to FreeHugney. You can use a check, credit card or debit card.
- Go click here to get to a secure pay site. In the area that reads “What account is this payment for?,” please write “FreeHugney.”
Here is a message from Jim to all of you….